lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gauri Shankar" <gshankar.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to get the programmatic control over index's document id
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:59:48 GMT
Thanks a lot for both of you.

yes, I am talking about internally assigned document id.

Erick : I am already using the unique id into the index mapped to one of our
DB's primary key to uniquely identify the docs from index.  Now to get the
value of this unique field i need to call getDocumet(). But when the
resultset is too large than this step is very slow as I am calling
getDocument for each hit. Now I am using the FIELDCACHE and that has
improved a lot. But I am thinking If I can find a way so that docId can be
my unique ids and that will super optimize our search.
Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Gauri Shankar

--