lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Panos Konstantinidis <girio...@yahoo.com>
Subject recall/precision with lucene
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 00:59:12 GMT
Hello I am a new lucene user. I am trying to calculate the recall/precision of
a query and I was wondering if lucene provides an easy way to do it.

Currently I have a number of documents that match a given query. Then I am
doing a search and I am getting back all the Hits. I then divide the number of
documents that came back from lucene (the Hits size) with the number of
documents that should have got. This is how I calculate the recall.

For precision I just get the hits.score() of each relevant document. I am not
sure if I am on the right track or if there is an easier/better way to do it. I
would appreciate any insigith into this.

Regards

Panos