lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cedric Ho" <cedric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to pass additional information into Similarity.scorePayload(...)
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:44:40 GMT
Hi Paul,

Sorry I am not sure I understand your solution.

Because I would need to apply this scoring logic to all the different
types of Queries. A search may consists of something like:

+(term1 phrase2 wildcard*)  +spanNear(term3 term4) [10/5/2]

And this [10/5/2] ratio have to be applied to the whole search query
before it. So I am not sure how would using just SpanFirstQuery with a
separate field work in this situation.

Anyway, I know my requirement is a bit strange, so it's ok if I can't
do this in Lucene. I'll settle with using a ThreadLocal to store the
[10/5/2] weighting and retrieve it in the Similarity.scorePayload(...)
function.

BTW, this problem I am facing now is different from the last one I
asked here, which you have proposed with the Modified SpanFirstQuery
solution =)

But I am really grateful with all the helps I get here. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Cedric