lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Different levels of negative boosting
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:02:51 GMT
Hi Prabin,

Can you give an example of what you would like a query to look like?
Lucene doesn't do negative boosts (ok, w/ a patch, I think it can,
but...)  At any rate, the boosts are relative, so perhaps you just
lower the boost to be very small for the "bad" terms and raise it
higher for the good terms.

What is the end goal of what you are trying to find?  Perhaps there
are some alternatives.

-Grant

On Jan 31, 2008, at 2:49 PM, prabin meitei wrote:

> Hi,  I want to give different levels of negative boost (reduce the
> score) to
> documents for different matching queries. How it can be done??
> Googling I
> found out this link
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/CommunityContributions  but
> it just
> gives the option of giving single level negative boost.
> is there any way of having multiple matching queries and give them
> different
> negative boosts???
>

> Regards,
> Prabin