lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah <Allahbaksh_Asadul...@infosys.com>
Subject Boost value corrupted "read eof exception"
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:53:29 GMT

Hi,
I am using lucene 2.3. The exception is properly handled when I run the program by lucene
but when I debug it it hit the exception at addDocuement.
Regards,
Allahbaksh

import java.io.IOException;

import java.io.StringReader;

import org.apache.lucene.search.Hits;

import org.apache.lucene.search.Query;

import org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher;

import org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory;

import org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException;

import org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopAnalyzer;

public class InMemoryExample {

        // Construct a RAMDirectory to hold the in-memory representation

        // of the index.

        RAMDirectory idx = new RAMDirectory();

        FSDirectory fs =FSDirectory.getDirectory("Z:\\lucene_index");

        //idx.createOutput("d:/idx");

        try {

            // Make an writer to create the index

            IndexWriter writer =

                new IndexWriter(fs,  true,new StandardAnalyzer());

            // Add some Document objects containing quotes

            writer.addDocument(createDocument("Theodore Roosevelt",

            //    "It behooves every man to remember that the work of the " +

              //  "critic, is of altogether secondary importance, and that, " +

              //"in the end, progress is accomplished by the man who does " +

                "things."));

            writer.addDocument(createDocument("Friedrich Hayek",

//                "The case for individual freedom rests largely on the " +

                        //"recognition of the inevitable and universal ignorance " +

                //"of all of us concerning a great many of the factors on " +

                "which the achievements of our ends and welfare depend."),new StandardAnalyzer());

            writer.addDocument(createDocument("Ayn Rand",

                //"There is nothing to take a man's freedom away from " +

                //"him, save other men. To be free, a man must be free " +

                "of his brothers."));

            writer.addDocument(createDocument("Mohandas Gandhi",

                //"Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote " +

                "freedom to err."));

            // Optimize and close the writer to finish building the index

           // writer.optimize();

            writer.close();

            // Build an IndexSearcher using the in-memory index

            Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(fs);

            // Run some queries

            search(searcher, "freedom");

            search(searcher, "free");

            search(searcher, "progress or achievements");

            searcher.close();

        }

        catch(IOException ioe) {

            // In this example we aren't really doing an I/O, so this

            // exception should never actually be thrown.

            ioe.printStackTrace();

        }

        catch(ParseException pe) {

            pe.printStackTrace();

        }

    }    private static Document createDocument(String title, String content) {

        Document doc = new Document();

        // Add the title as an unindexed field...

        Field f1 = new Field("title",title, Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.TOKENIZED);

        float temp = (float)Math.random();

        System.out.print("Title of document is "+title +" Field 1 Boost value "+temp);

        f1.setBoost(temp);

        doc.add(f1);

        // ...and the content as an indexed field. Note that indexed

        // Text fields are constructed using a Reader. Lucene can read

        // and index very large chunks of text, without storing the

        // entire content verbatim in the index. In this example we

        // can just wrap the content string in a StringReader.

        temp =(float)Math.random();

        Field f2 =new Field("content",content,Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.TOKENIZED);

        f2.setBoost(temp);

        doc.add(f2);

        System.out.println(" Field 2 Boost value is " +temp);

        return doc;

    }

}

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
Software Engineering & Technology Labs,
Infosys Technolgies Limited, Electronics City,
Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100, India.
*Board: +91-80-28520261 | Extn: 53915 | Direct: 41173915.
Fax: +91-80-28520362 | Mobile: +91-9845505322.
http://setlabs/slim/
http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com