lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah <Allahbaksh_Asadul...@infosys.com>
Subject Getting Payload from Hits
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:46:07 GMT

Hi,
I have saved payload in my index. When the user types the query I get HIT document. From HIT
document how I can get the value of Payload for particular tree.

For example
                    _analyzer = new PayloadAnalyzer();
           _writer = new IndexWriter(new File("d:/test1"), _analyzer, true);
           for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
             Document d = new Document();
             d.add(new Field("f1", "This field has no payloads", Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
             d.add(new Field("f2", "This field has payloads in all docs", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
             Integer i1 = i;
             byte []payLoadData = null;
             payLoadData[0] = i1.byteValue();
             _analyzer.setPayloadData("f2", payLoadData);
             _writer.addDocument(d);

            }
         writer.optimize();
         // flush
         writer.close();
         String queryString = "payloads + doc";
         System.out.println("Reading Payload Data will begin now");

         _parser = new QueryParser("f2", new PayloadAnalyzer());
         _searcher = new IndexSearcher("d:/test1");
         Query query =_parser.parse(queryString);
         Hits hits = _searcher.search(query);
         for (int i = 0; i < hits.length(); i++) {
             Document doc = hits.doc(i);

      Here I want to get the value of payload for the field..
Please let me know how I can get value of payload for a field from Hits
          }
Thanks in Advance
Warm Regards,
Allahbaksh