lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Stoppelman" <stop...@gmail.com>
Subject Boosting using an external data source
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 04:21:00 GMT
I've created a mapping of query terms to clusters with corresponding
strength values that I want to integrate into lucene
scoring so I can boost documents that match the clusters. I would like to
give a boost based on the normalized score.
In my setup, each document has a field with the clusters their assigned to
which is a string that contains numbers
separated by spaces. I was looking at using ValueSourceQuery but didn't
really understand how I should really deal
with the FieldScoreQuery since the field I need to look up on isn't one of
the defined types. Is there a simpler way I
should be going about this?

I'm using lucene 2.2.0.

Thanks for your help as always,