lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <marc.dumont...@thomson.com>
Subject large term vectors
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:51:44 GMT
Hi,

I have a large index which is around 275GB. As I search different parts
of the index, the memory footprint grows with large byte arrays being
stored. They never seem to get unloaded or GC'ed. Is there any way to
control this behavior so that I can periodically unload cached
information?

The nature of the data being indexed doesn't allow me to reduce the
number of terms per field, although I might be able to reduce the number
of overall fields (I have some which aren't currently being searched
by).

I've just begun investigating and profiling the problem, so I don't have
a lot of details at this time. Any support would be extremely welcome.

Thanks,

Marc Dumontier
Manager, Software Development
Thomson Scientific (Canada)