lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jake Mannix" <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing Speed: 2.3 vs 2.2 (real world numbers)
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 05:24:02 GMT
The test in which we got the 11X speedup?  That was single threaded.  I
haven't yet found a way to make multithreaded (shared IndexWriter) indexing
perform with any better speed than singlethreaded, so that code is not
enabled in our tests.  Do you think that 2.3 would better take advantage of
multiple threads / cores?  If so, I could rerun it again multithreaded and
see if that's even better...

  -jake