lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Stored Field vs "offset plus external file"?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:04:23 GMT
eks dev wrote:

> 2.  We use Lucene Index wit MMAP directory now, so the concern is
> that index could grow too large for MMAP with stored field like that.
> Is there a way to say, "do not use MMAP Directory for stored Fields,
> rather FSDirectory". I think not, but it is worth to ask as I think
> this could be useful thing... Imagine to be able to say "Load terms
> with RAM Directory, postings wit MMAP and stored fields with
> FSDirectory"... of course this is only for searching, not indexing.

IMHO it should be possible to do this by implementing a Directory
subclass that can be configured to use mmap / ram / fs for specific
index file types (e.g. tis, tii, fdt, prx and so on) - you should be
able to cut & paste large chunks of each directory code to start the
implementation.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><