lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ruslan Sivak <rsi...@istandfor.com>
Subject Re: Distributed Indexes
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:07:11 GMT
The app does other things then search the index.  I'm basically using
ColdFusion for the website and have four instances running on two
servers for load balancing.  Each app does the searches, and the search
times are small, the index is small, but it takes a long time to fully
create the index (several minutes), and I would like the index to always
be up to date (which is why i replicate the changes).

I basically cache the index for several minutes in a RamDirectory, which
works quite well for performance.  If I could store the index in a SQL
Table or something, I can have a single place where the index lives and
atomic updates.

Is there a SQL Backend for the index, or should I just take the
RamDirectory, serialize it and store it as a BLOB?

Russ