lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ruslan Sivak <rsi...@istandfor.com>
Subject Distributed Indexes
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 20:14:37 GMT
I'm wondering if this is a problem that lucene users have already
tackled.  I have four copies of the application using a lucene index.
They are located on two physical servers with two copies on each server
accessing two copies of the lucene index.  I use Windows FRS (File
Replication Service) to replicate the index between the two servers.

Things work well most of the time, but sometimes, I believe under load,
the index doesn't get a chance to propagate before another write takes
place and it gets corrupted.

What would you recommend I use to keep the index in sync between the
four copies of the app?

Russ