lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene 2.3 in production
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:17:41 GMT
You still have to be careful if you want to alternate a search and
write. If you are loading a lot of docs this way, you would want to hold
the Writer to batch the docs, but while you are holding it, you will not
have a fresh view of the index - so you could add the same doc twice if
it came twice in a batch. The only way to be sure you avoid this is to
reopen readers after you add every doc. This is just not going to be a
fast way of doing things...but if you have a high mergefactor, the new
reopen method will prob make it *much* faster. Or if you are sure that
the batch won't contain duplicates, you can batch load.