lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "GURUPRASAD MS" <guruprasad...@gmail.com>
Subject lucene java OOM while sorting more than one field
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:23:46 GMT
 Lucene Index contains 2.1 Million records (indexed from 2.1 million records
from sqlserver DB).
Lucene Index file Size 256MB
Lucene version: 2.3
Searching works fine when we sort the results on a single field. However, if
the search results is sorted on more than one field we get Out of Memory
exception.
We restrict the number of search results to 250

Out of Memory exception is quite consistent in 2.3. We recently moved from
2.0 to 2.3.
Version 2.0 also used to give the OOM but not this frequent.

*Code Snippet:*

final QueryParser parser;
StandardAnalyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer();
String sSearchQuery = "MUSIC";
Sort oSort = null;
public static final String G2KEYFIELDS = "G2KEYFIELDS";
oSort = new Sort(new SortField[]{ new SortField (
GroupsConstants.LAST_MODIFIED,SortField.INT,true), new SortField(
GroupsConstants.GROUPNAME) });

parser = new QueryParser(G2KEYFIELDS, analyzer);
final Vector ids = new Vector();
FSDirectory dir = null;
IndexSearcher searcher = null;
try {
dir = FSDirectory.getDirectory(index);
searcher = new IndexSearcher(dir);
Query query = parser.parse(sSearchQuery);
Hits hits = searcher.search(query, oSort);
for (int i = 0; i != hits.length() && i != 250; ++i) {
final Document doc = hits.doc;
Integer oiGroupId=new Integer(doc.getField (GroupsConstants.IDENTITY
).stringValue());
if(!ids.contains(oiGroupId)){ ids.addElement(oiGroupId); }
}
searcher.close();
dir.close();

Thanks in Advance