lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: design: merging resultset from RDBMS with lucene search results
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:32:22 GMT
Another possibility is to do it backwards, it depends on how expensive the
SQL query is I suppose. The idea would be to go ahead and to your
SQL query *first*, then construct a Lucene Filter to use with your query
using TermDocs/TermEnum.

I'd guess (without knowing much about your problem space) that *if* you
can spin through your SQL query and extract all of the unique doc IDs
acceptably quickly that you won't notice constructing the filter time-wise.

Also, search through the user list archive for embedding Lucene in a
database.
I confess that that entire discussion flew right over my head, so I don't
know if it's applicable, but........

Erick