lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inverted letters
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:58:25 GMT
You should probably think about synonym analyzers, both at index
time and query time. Because I think you have a problem here....

Let's say you can do what you ask, at query time transform
any of your three options into "clamoxyle". Would it really
be satisfactory to your users to then NOT get any matches on
documents containing "claomxyle" or "clamoxile"? It seems to
me that this would be unsatisfactory.

Erick