lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cam Bazz" <camb...@gmail.com>
Subject matching products with suggest feature
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:54:02 GMT
Hello;

I am trying to make a product matcher based on lucene's ngram based suggest.
I did some changes so that instead of giving the speller a dictionary I feed
it with a List<String>.

For example lets say I have "HP NC4400 EY605EA CORE 2 DUO T5600
1.83GHz/512MB/80GB/12.1''
NOTEBOOK"
and I index it with speller using an ngram approach.

It works quite well - when using the suggest feature, for example if the
user submits something similar. similar as in the string lenght is
relatively equal, a word or two might be mistyped - or even missing, lucene
finds it.
However - when the user submits the same product - but with much less or
much more string length - for example "HP NC4400 EY605EA" or "HP NC4400
EY605EA CORE 2 DUO T5600 1.83GHz/512MB/80GB/12.1'' NOTEBOOK WITH WINDOWS XP
AND GIFT MOUSE" - the suggester wont work.

I am not sure about the ngrams approach any more.

Any ideas/recomendations/help greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
C.B.