lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cam Bazz" <camb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: appending field to an existing index
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:10:37 GMT
Hello,

I have read the parallel reader doc. It says it must have the same number of
documents as the other index.
When we are using a writer - searcher combination, how can we integrate this
parallel reader into game.

Simply, I have some documents, and I just like to mark them, in an efficient
way. is there a way?
I was having problem with deletes from my index, since I could not delete by
a query, I had to store an extra field that was the combination of the two
fields I had to delete with.

So I was thinking of integrating another index for marking them. but it
appears this parallel reader is kind of heavy for the job, since it has to
contain the same number of documents as the original index.

Best.