lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dharmalingam <dgane...@fc-md.umd.edu>
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:16:09 GMT

I am working on some sort of search mechanism to link a requirement (i.e. a
query) to source code files (i.e., documents). For that purpose, I indexed
the source code files using Lucene. Contrary to traditional natural language
search scenario, we search for code files that are relevant to a given
requirement. One problem here is that the source files usually contain a lot
of abbreviations, words joint by _ or combination of words and/or
abbreviations (e.x., getAccountBalanceTbl).  I am wondering whether anyone
of you already did indexing of (source) files or documents which contain
that kind of words.