lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From fangz <fang_zh...@hotmail.com>
Subject Inconsistent Search Speed
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:49:52 GMT

Hi,

I am using a simple java program to test the search speed. The index file is
about 1.93G in size. I initiated an indexsearcher and built a query using
the query parser: parser.parse("entity:fail"). The initial run took more
than 60 seconds, but the subsequent runs only took 1.5 seconds. This does
not change with or without calling indexsearcher.close(). As I know, Lucene
does not cache results (no filter is involved). So what is causing such a
big speed difference?

Thank you in advance!

fangz