lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cesar Ronchese <ronch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Lucene multiple field search performance
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 03:42:43 GMT

I was doing normal queries happily, seeing the results statistics come in
about 0.02 seconds.

But then, I added a extra field to seach togheter with the normal query,
then the statistic pulled up to 0.35 seconds. That was a lot.

example:
normal query: some test (it returns quick)
extra field query: +bookDate:"2007/02/12" some test (it returns slow. I also
tried without +)

Is the reduced performance normal for this case?

Another doubt, I thought forcing bookDate in the Search Text it would reduce
the universe of search, then leading to quicker responses. But it didn't. Is
there a trick to improve the speed?

Cesar