lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cesar Ronchese <ronch...@hotmail.com>
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:00:44 GMT

Hello, guys.

I've searching the google to make the lucene performs accent-insensitive
searches.

All I could find is about the ISOLatin1AccentFilter class, which as far I
could understand, it just removes the accented chars so I can store it in
its unaccented form.

What I would like to know is, is there a way to store the content in your
original accented format, and make an accent-insensitive query with lucene?
How?

For example:
Indexed word: usuário
Terms typed by the user, to find the word above: usuário or usuario or
usuãrio, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Cesar