lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nick Duan <nd...@mcdonaldbradley.com>
Subject directory-based search using lucence?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 04:42:30 GMT
Is there anyway to refine or rank search result based on some directory
input?  For instance, I could get a web directory from the open
directory project (http://www.dmoz.org) containing a list of urls mapped
to its directory.  I'd like to refine my search result for certain
categories.  Yes, I know that my search space is confined within the
urls provided by dmoz.

The search interface on dmoz allows directory-based search only on top
categories.  I'd like to start my search based on a category of any
level.  Is there anyway to do this in lucene?  Any suggestion is highly
appreciated.

ND