lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Payload basic query
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 13:04:09 GMT
Payloads are added during analysis onto the Token.  Have a look in the
contrib/analyzers module in 2.3 or the trunk version of Lucene.  There
are a couple of examples in there that add payloads to tokens (see the
payloads package at
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_0/api/contrib-analyzers/org/apache/lucene/analysis/payloads/package-summary.html)

.    You can use the BoostingTermQuery to use the payload as a factor
in scoring, or, you might be able to write your own custom Sort, but I
haven't thought that all the way through just yet.

Michael B. also has an excellent talk from last year's ApacheCon that
covers payloads at http://people.apache.org/~buschmi/apachecon/AdvancedIndexingLuceneAtlanta07.ppt

-Grant

On Feb 6, 2008, at 4:54 AM, Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah wrote:

> Hi All,
> I want to store information in Payload. How do I write Payload value
> to Index. How to I sort value depending upon the Payload?
> I could not find any method in Document class which takes Payload as
> argument.
>
> Regards,
> Allahbaksh

> This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
> intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the
> intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete
> the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or
> distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any
> such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys
> has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is
> not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus
> in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before
> opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to
> monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
> e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be
> stored on the Infosys e-mail system.

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com