lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Helmut Jarausch <jarau...@igpm.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject content depending Analyzing
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:39:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Lucene. I've seen similar questions to mine
but didn't get an answer to my question:

I'd like to index books from our library.
Among other field there are

LANG  which contains a code specifying the language
      the book is written in

TOC   the table of contents

When indexing I have to specify an Analyzer (esp. for
the TOC field) but that depends on the LANG field.
As far as I understood from the LiA book, an Analyzer
implements a 'TokenStream(String fieldName, Reader reader)"
But for me that's too late. When tokenizing the TOC
field I would need access to the LANG field to decide
how to tokenize.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Many thanks for your help,

Helmut Jarausch