lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Emerson" <tremer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Boosting hits based on a value in a field, without that field contributing to the search
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 21:03:46 GMT
Hi Grant,

I was thinking that something in o.a.l.search.function was going to be the
route to take, but wanted to hear if there were other ideas from the
experts. Thanks!

A custom sort wouldn't work in this case because we don't want the items to
necessarily be bunched together, rather just have their scores increased.

Thanks again.

    -tree