lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Tiger" <m.scott.ti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can changes on an index be visible to an open IndexSearcher without reopening it?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 04:23:27 GMT
No plan for IndexSearcher.reopen?
I don't know about cost of creating IndexSearcher instance.
But we almost need IndexSearcher.reopen instead of IndexReader.reopen.

----
IndexReader reader = IndexReader.open(...);
searcher.search(...);

...for reopen

IndexReader newReader = reader.reopen();
if (newReader != reader) {
    searcher.close();
    reader.close();
    reader = newReader;
    newReader = null;
    searcher = new IndexSearcher(reader);
} else {
    newReader = null;
}
searcher.search(...);

...want simply...

IndexSearcher newSearcher = searcher.reopen();
if (newSearcher != searcher) {
    searcher.close();
    searcher = newSearcher;
    newSearcher = null;