lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Custom SynonymMap
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:00:40 GMT

: Is there a way to add synonyms to the SynonymMap map?
: The HashMap that holds all the words is not visible (private) so extending
: it will not work.
:
: Has anyone added their own custom vocabulary?

I assume your question is in regards tothe SynonymMap that is part of the
memory index contrib?  I'm not too familiar with it but i believe it is
specificly designed for Dealing with WordNet ... if you want to bulk load
your own synonyms just make sure they are in the file format expected (ie:
match  the WordNet format)

(I think the reason it doesn't allow you to modify the synomyms once it is
constructed is to ensure that it is thread safe ... i'm just guessing
based on the documentation though)

-Hoss