lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Shete <rakesh_sh...@hotmail.com>
Subject Lucene multifield query problem
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:22:10 GMT

Hi all,

I am facing problem with the following multifield query:

i_title:indoor* i_description:indoor* -i_published:false +i_topicsClasses.id:1_1_*_*

The above query returns me even results which should not be there. Ideally I would like the
query resullts as:

(i_title:indoor* i_description:indoor* -i_published:false) AND (i_topicsClasses.id:1_1_*_*)

i.e. The intersection of the first part and second part.

But what is happening currently is that I get a union of the first part and second part, i.e.,
whatever results are returned by "i_title:indoor* i_description:indoor* -i_published:false"
are combined (union) with results returned by "+i_topicsClasses.id:1_1_*_*".

How do I write a query that returns me results which are an intersection of the above 2 parts?

--Regards,
Rakesh S

Post ads for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello.in