lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Beyer,Nathan" <NBE...@CERNER.COM>
Subject best practices for reloading an index for a searcher
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 17:43:15 GMT
I did some searching on the lucene site and wiki, but didn't quite find
what I was looking for in regards to a basic approach to how and when to
reload index data. I have a long running process that will be
continually indexing and concurrently searching the same index and I'm
looking for a basic approach to reloading the data for the searcher.
Perhaps I should verify that the data does need to be reloaded. Does a
manual reload of a changing index need to be performed for a searcher?

I'd appreciate any links to documents, source or some quick pseudo code.

Thanks.

-Nathan