lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: like search in NOT operator
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 04:05:56 GMT
Shakti,

I think you provided the answer:
"sign* NOT Machine"
or
"sign* -Machine"

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Shakti_Sareen <Shakti_Sareen@satyam.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 4:48:58 AM
Subject: like search in NOT operator

Hi all,

     I am using StandardAnalyzer() to index the data.

Actual data is: "signals by magnets of different strength"

I want to search for "sign* NOT Machine".....how can I do that??

I am using QueryParser.

Please help on this issue.

Thanks
Shakti Sareen

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
 the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL
 AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
 copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in
 this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended
 recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your
 cooperation in this regard is appreciated.