lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shakti_Sareen" <Shakti_Sar...@satyam.com>
Subject help required ... ~ operator
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:13:47 GMT

Hi all,

     I am using StandardAnalyzer() to index the data.

Actual data is: "signals by magnets of different strength"
when I am parsing a query: "signals strength"~2  , I am getting a hit.

But when I am parsing a query "strength signals"~2 , I am not getting a
hit.
WHY???it should work....

I am using QueryParser.

Please help on this issue.