lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhou Qi" <zhouqi.jack...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pagination ...
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:12:59 GMT
Using the search function for pagination will carry out unnecessary index
search when you are going previous or next. Generally, most of the
information need (e.g 80%) can be satisfied by the first 100 documents
(20%). In lucene, the returing documents is set to 100 for the sake of
speed.

I am not quite sure my way of pagination is best: but it works fine under
test preasure: Just keep the first search result in cache and fetch the
snippet when the document is presented in current page.