lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Indexing Wikipedia dumps
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:18:49 GMT
Database?  I imagine I can avoid that.... Wiki dump.gz -> gunzip -> parse -> index
no?

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Lu <chris.lu@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:55:02 AM
Subject: Re: Indexing Wikipedia dumps

For a quick java approach, give yourself 3 minutes and try to use
DBSight to access the database. You can simply use "select * from
mw_searchindex" as a starting point. It'll build the index for you.
However, you may need to pluggin your custom analyzer for media wiki's
format(Or maybe not).

--
Chris Lu
-------------------------

On Dec 11, 2007 9:35 PM, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com>
 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to index a Wikipedia dump.  I know there is code in
 contrib/benchmark for indexing *English* Wikipedia for benchmarking purposes.
  However, I'd like to index a non-English dump, and I actually don't need
 it for benchmarking, I just want to end up with a Lucene index.

> Any suggestions where I should start?  That is, can anything in
 contrib/benchmark already do this, or is there anything there that I should
 use as a starting point?  As opposed to writing my own Wikipedia XML
 dump parser+indexer.