lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing Wikipedia dumps
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 06:55:02 GMT
For a quick java approach, give yourself 3 minutes and try to use
DBSight to access the database. You can simply use "select * from
mw_searchindex" as a starting point. It'll build the index for you.
However, you may need to pluggin your custom analyzer for media wiki's
format(Or maybe not).

--
Chris Lu

On Dec 11, 2007 9:35 PM, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to index a Wikipedia dump.  I know there is code in contrib/benchmark for indexing
*English* Wikipedia for benchmarking purposes.  However, I'd like to index a non-English dump,
and I actually don't need it for benchmarking, I just want to end up with a Lucene index.

> Any suggestions where I should start?  That is, can anything in contrib/benchmark already
do this, or is there anything there that I should use as a starting point?  As opposed to
writing my own Wikipedia XML dump parser+indexer.