lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:46:30 GMT
I am wrong about the facet search. You are using Sorting, which also
use FieldCacheImpl.

Doesn't seem a way to turn it off though.

--
Chris Lu
-------------------------

DBSight customer Twenga got 2.6 Million Euro funding!
http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/12/07/twenga-gets-e26-million-for-product-search/

On Dec 10, 2007 2:42 PM, Bob Daha <neokalus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Interesting... I didn't explicitly turn that on... I'm creating a query using query parser,
then executing a search using that query and a sort.  Would this algorithmically somehow invoke
the FieldCacheImpl?  If so, anyway I can turn it off?  Basically the caching wouldn't be valuable
anyway given the volatility of the index, and I'm not that concerned with speed.  (seeing
most queries take well under 20ms)

> Here's the searcher thread, if the code would help... note rd is my RAMDirectory object
- it is never closed / reopened for the life of the application.

{