lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:17:26 GMT
Looks like you are using FieldCacheImpl to count search results for
each category. ( or called facet search by a fancy name ).

Well, it's a cache and the terms are loaded in the memory.

--
Chris Lu
-------------------------

On Dec 10, 2007 11:56 AM, Bob Daha <neokalus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm building a ticketing system for my company and am using Lucene for some of the more
complicated queries.  I'd say my application differs from the typical lucene application in
that my documents are (re)-indexed more frequently, the query load is actually relatively
light, and most of the indexed document data is numerical.  (ticket id, owner id, date ranges,
etc are numbers and there's just one giant "text" searchable field.)

> I just got an out of memory exception on my app.  When I fired up jhat, I was very surprised
at the object allocation:

> 7862 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.Term
> 7787 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfo
> 504 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfo
> 224 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.TermBuffer
> 79 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader$CSIndexInput
> 75 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum
> 70 instances of class org.apache.lucene.store.RAMFile
> 64 instances of class org.apache.lucene.store.RAMInputStream
> 63 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos
> 20 instances of class com.facebook.tps_search_server.tps_search_ticket
> 20 instances of class com.facebook.tps_search_server.tps_search_ticket$Isset
> 10 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader$FieldOption
> 9 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFileDeleter$RefCount
> 8 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader$FileEntry
> 8 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileWriter$FileEntry
> 8 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader$Norm
> 7 instances of class org.apache.lucene.document.FieldSelectorResult
> 5 instances of class org.apache.lucene.document.Field$TermVector
> 5 instances of class org.apache.lucene.queryParser.Token
> 4 instances of class org.apache.lucene.document.Field$Index
> 4 instances of class org.apache.lucene.search.FieldCacheImpl$Entry
> 3 instances of class com.facebook.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol
> 3 instances of class com.facebook.thrift.transport.TSocket
> 3 instances of class org.apache.lucene.document.Field$Store
> 3 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos
> 3 instances of class org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanClause$Occur
> 2 instances of class com.facebook.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol$Factory
> 2 instances of class com.facebook.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess
> 2 instances of class com.facebook.thrift.transport.TTransportFactory
> 2 instances of class org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer
> 2 instances of class org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfo
> 2 instances of class org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser$Operator
> 2 instances of class org.apache.lucene.search.DefaultSimilarity
> 2 instances of class org.apache.lucene.search.FieldSortedHitQueue$2
> 2 instances of class org.apache.lucene.search.Sort
> 2 instances of class org.apache.lucene.search.SortField
> 2 instances of class org.apache.lucene.store.RAMDirectory
> 2 instances of class org.apache.lucene.store.SingleInstanceLockFactory
> 2 instances of class [Lorg.apache.lucene.search.SortField;
>
> Any ideas on why I'd have so many Term and TermInfo objects?  To give you a little more
insight into my application, worker threads can be spawned by client requests that do one
of 4 things - search, index tickets, deindex tickets, or reindex tickets.  (reindex a ticket
is basically deindex then index ticket)  I'm using a RAMDirectory for all my searches and
updates although I have another thread which backs this up to disc periodically.