lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tushar B <snow...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject document deletion problem
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:10:17 GMT
Hello All,

I am seeing this issue and would like to understand if its a bug or I am missing something
and doing the wrong way:

(Note that I am doing all exception handling - but deleted the exception handling code for
sake of brevity below)

Hits h = m_indexSearcher.search(q); // Returns 11475 documents
for(int i = 0; i < h.length(); i++)
{
int doc = h.id(i);
m_indexSearcher.getIndexReader().deleteDocument(doc);
}

The above hits Vector::ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when i = 6400. The problem happens in
Hits::getMoreDocs.

By the time 6400 docs are deleted, the majority is gone and  topDocs.totalHits becomes less
than 6400 (In this case 5075) and finally causes exception in the last line of Hits::hitDoc.

I just took the example numbers which occured in my case but this happens for any hits >
200 (initial vector size is 100 I guess).

Any insight on the logic here will be very helpful (note: I have a workaround too)

thanks