lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: help required ... ~ operator
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 04:06:57 GMT
Have you tried with ~3 or ~4?  Just curious...

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Shakti_Sareen <Shakti_Sareen@satyam.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 3:13:47 AM
Subject: help required ... ~ operator

Hi all,

     I am using StandardAnalyzer() to index the data.

Actual data is: "signals by magnets of different strength"
when I am parsing a query: "signals strength"~2  , I am getting a hit.

But when I am parsing a query "strength signals"~2 , I am not getting a
hit.
WHY???it should work....

I am using QueryParser.

Please help on this issue.

Thanks
Shakti Sareen

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
 the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL
 AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
 copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in
 this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended
 recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your
 cooperation in this regard is appreciated.