lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andy Goodell" <agood...@discoverymining.com>
Subject Re: Indexing Wikipedia dumps
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:27:26 GMT
My firm uses a parser based on javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamReader to
break (english and nonenglish) wikipedia xml dumps into lucene-style
"documents and fields."  We use wikipedia to test our
language-specific code, so we've probably indexed 20 wikipedia dumps.

- andy g

On Dec 11, 2007 9:35 PM, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to index a Wikipedia dump.  I know there is code in contrib/benchmark for indexing
*English* Wikipedia for benchmarking purposes.  However, I'd like to index a non-English dump,
and I actually don't need it for benchmarking, I just want to end up with a Lucene index.

> Any suggestions where I should start?  That is, can anything in contrib/benchmark already
do this, or is there anything there that I should use as a starting point?  As opposed to
writing my own Wikipedia XML dump parser+indexer.