lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Liaqat Ali <liaqatalim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Calculating Precision and Recall
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:45:20 GMT
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> http://trec.nist.gov/trec_eval/trec_eval.8.0.tar.gz is a program that
> takes in the a results file and a set of judgments and spits out
> precision and recall.  If you want more info, have a look at the TREC
> program.  Also, the Lucene contrib/benchmark section has some tools
> for doing Quality benchmarks.   My talk at
> http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/apachecon07/LucenePerformance.ppt has
> a _little_ bit of info on precision/recall, but there is certainly
> more to be had out there than that.
>
> Do you have relevance judgments?
>
> -Grant
>

> On Dec 29, 2007, at 5:43 AM, Liaqat Ali wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I want to calculate the Precision and Recall of the current system,
>> based on Lucene. What should be the procedure and either there are
>> some tools available for this purpose.
>>
>> Kindly guide me.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Liaqat

> --------------------------
> Grant Ingersoll
> http://lucene.grantingersoll.com
> http://www.lucenebootcamp.com
>
> Lucene Helpful Hints:

Thanks Grant for the suggestion, I have relevance judgments. As treceval
is concerned, I have a little bit problem with understanding of  Relfile
of TREC format. the first field is Doc id , second Iter, Third Doc name
and what is the fourth field (which is either 0 or 1).Can you explain
that to me.  And how I can calculate things manually, because I have
small number of documents.

Regards,
Liaqat