lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advice regarding fuzzy phrase searching
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:58:21 GMT
Take a look at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-794

This is an extension to the Highlighter that highlights span and
proximity queries. If you rewrite the query it will also do fuzzy
queries. I am sure you can easily steal some of the code to do what you
want.

Keep in mind, because of how Lucene's SpanQuery works, if you say to
find 'mark within 4 of ball', Lucene will not find all occurrences. ie:
'mark close to ball ball' -- even if you say find mark within 20 of
ball, a Span query will only find the first occurrence of ball even
though both occurrences are within 20. If ball was on both sides of
mark, both would match, but after finding the first ball with 20 of
mark, Span doesnt continue looking for another.

- Mark