lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <>
Subject Re: span queries and proximity boosting
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:30:18 GMT
Doh! Even after careful scanning I missed that. Of course your right
though....scores with:
/** Computes the amount of a sloppy phrase match, based on an edit distance.
   * This value is summed for each sloppy phrase match in a document to form
   * the frequency that is passed to {@link #tf(float)}.
   * <p>A phrase match with a small edit distance to a document passage more
   * closely matches the document, so implementations of this method usually
   * return larger values when the edit distance is small and smaller values
   * when it is large.
   * @see PhraseQuery#setSlop(int)
   * @param distance the edit distance of this sloppy phrase match
   * @return the frequency increment for this match
  public abstract float sloppyFreq(int distance);