lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: span queries and proximity boosting
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:00:56 GMT
A quick look at the code would say no, unless I am missing something.
Neither the weight or span scorer seem to take distance into account.

Arnone, Anthony wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I’ve been looking into using the nice power of the SpanNearQuery instead of PhraseQuery,
mostly because of the simplification of the slop factors. However, I’m wondering if the
SpanNearQueries will boost the result based on the term proximity, just like PhraseQuery does.
Does anyone have any experience with doing this?