lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ruslan Sivak <rsi...@istandfor.com>
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 00:49:10 GMT
I am using MoreLikeThis functionality in my code.  This code is running
on four separate servers.  When I ran tests, it seemed to be fine, but
looks like under heavy use, the index file is always locked, and when I
reindex all the docs, it doubles the size of the index (my guess is the
old files are not being deleted).

Since my index is only about 11mb, I would like to load it into RAM.
I'm not sure if this is compatible with MoreLikeThis?  How do I load the
index into memory and then open and IndexReader on it?  Also if I load
it into memory, how can I find out when changes have been made to the
index file on disk so that I can reload it?

Russ