lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Bruhn <domi...@dbruhn.de>
Subject Simple Filter-Question
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2007 00:59:57 GMT
Hy,
I got a Integerfield for each of my documents which tells me out of
which area of my documentbase this document is. So 1 is "Research Theme
1", 2 is "Research Theme 2", 3 is "Documentation Projekt 21" and so on.

Uppon searching I want to have only documents from areas the user is
allowed to look at in the resultset. Currently I'm doing this using a
second (internal constructed) Query which limits the area and combining
this to the user-query using a Boolean-Query.

I know this is the wrong approach and that the right solution should be
a Filter. But I dont know which filter to use and how. I saw a example
of a RangeFilter which seems quite simple but a range is not enough! I
dont need to check against a range but against a list of allowed ids.

Can anybody help me an give me a hint how I can accomplish this?

Thanks
--
Dominik Bruhn
mailto: dominik@dbruhn.de