lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian Grimal <br...@grimal.com>
Subject RE: Giving boost to a more recent item whiule searching
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:41:47 GMT
I would love to revisit this one.  I implemented pseudo date boosting in an overly simplistic
manner in my app, which I know can be improved upon.  Might it be useful to reopen a thread
on the topic?

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: prabin meitei <prabin.meitei@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:23 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Giving boost to a more recent item whiule searching

Hi Erick,
  Thanks for your response.  I have tried searching the archive. I could not
find andy relevant thread. that's why i posted the question here. May be I
am not using the right keywords. If you know any archive link which deals
with this problem please send me.
    I have seen the case study about theServerSide in the book "Lucene in
Action". But there also they haven't given how date boosting can be
implemented.

Prabin