lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Tricky (maybe) query question
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 00:42:32 GMT
Hi all.

Suppose you have a text index with a field used for deduplication, and then
you later add a second field with further information that might also be used
for deduplication.  We'll call them A and B for the sake of brevity.

If I have only a current text index, then I can use (a:foo AND b:bar) to
deduplicate.  However, I still want to deduplicate between the older ones
which don't have B and the new ones which do.

Is there a way I can do a query which will:
  - Match a document if both a:foo and b:bar are matched
  - Match a document if a:foo matches and b is absent, or vice versa.
  - Not match a document if both a:foo and b:foo are absent
  - Not match a document if either a:foo or b:foo are present and do not
    match ?

If not, I suppose I'll have to go with the lowest common denominator approach
and find out which fields are present in every index.

Daniel