lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <>
Subject Re: Changing the Punctuation definition for StandardAnalyzer
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:58:06 GMT

20 dec 2007 kl. 18.43 skrev

> I am using StandardAnalyzer for my indexes. Now I don't want to be
> able to
> be search whole email addresses, and want to consider '@' as a
> punctuation
> too. Because my users would rather be able to search for user id and/
> or
> the host name to return all the email addresses than searching by the
> whole address. And, that way, then can create a query that will return
> email addresses anyway.
> How do I let StandardAnalyzer consider '@' as a punctuation?

A quick and dirty solution is to introduce a TokenFilter that splits
any token at @ and add it to the end of the chain of streams in

It would probably be much more efficient if you modified the lexer
grammar StandardTokenzier is generated from.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message