lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From ts01 <ven...@clearwellsystems.com>
Subject Handling Indexed, Stored and Tokenized fields
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:41:13 GMT

Hi,

We have a requirement to index as well as store multiple fields in a
document, each with its own special tokenizer. The following seems to
provide a way to index multiple fields each with its own tokenizer:

Field(String name, Reader reader)

The following seems to provide a way to Index and Store, but using the
default tokenizer of the entire document, when index is set to
Index.TOKENIZED.

Field(String name, String value, Store store, Index index)

The following is what we need, with store.STORED and index.TOKENIZED with
specific reader.

Field(String name, String value, Store store, Index index, Reader reader)

Assuming that this capability does not exist, we added some code to the
Field class, IndexWriter class and to the AbstractField class to provide
this capability. We'd be happy to contribute this to the next Open Source
release.

Another possibility was to create two fields: field_indexed and field_stored
for each document, but that would be an inconvenient workaround.

Is this of interest to folks?

Thanks.